To determine and manage the work environment required to conform with safety standards.
- Human Factors: Human relationships, psychology, health, general well being, etc.
- Physical Factors: Safety, health, hygiene, air condition, temperature, humidity, etc.
Air condition, Heat, Light, Humidity ETC.
To identify, and establish countermeasures against emergency situations which may be encountered. This is intended to ensure both shore-based and shipboard personnel are fully aware of their duties in an emergency and to improve their response, with a view to minimizing accidents through prompt and efficient reactions to actual situations.
Top management should review the KSQ manual at assigned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability and effectiveness. This review is to include the assessment of opportunities for improvement and alterations to the KSQ manual, including the management policy and objectives.
- Deliberate emission of ozone depleting substances are prohibited.
- Observation of the regulations regarding emission control of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and sulphur oxides (SOx).
- Except as provided in MARPOL ANNEX VI Regulation 16, shipboard incineration shall only take place in a shipboard incinerator.
- Oily Water Separator will be used at sea and discharged below 15ppm so as to prevent water pollution
- ODME (Oil Discharge Monitoring Equipment) will be used for oil & chemical tankers to prevent the discharge of noxious liquids for prevention of water pollution
- Observation of emission regulations of Marpol Annex II Regulation 5, again to prevent water pollution.